COVID-19 measures for students
It is our job to provide qualitative education in these difficult times, but also to guarantee the safety of our students and staff on campus..
After one month of lockdown, higher education in Flanders has been subject to code red since 30 November 2020.
Measures in code red
The general framework is set out below. The practical implementation is announced by your department at all times.
- Distance learning is standard for most educational activities
- From 30 November: a very limited number of specific teaching activities can be organised on campus again.
- Our campuses will remain open with limited accessibility.
- Distance and hygiene rules, and mandatory use of face mask still apply on campus.
INTERNSHIPS AND WORKPLACE LEARNING
- Internships and workplace learning are possible, provided it is allowed by the internship location or workplace. Download your certificate for essential journeys during curfew hours here (for students).
- Is studying at home difficult for you? Since 12 November, students who need a quiet place to study are welcome to use one of our safe and quiet study spots on campus. Check the offer here.
- Are you worried about the course of your academic year, or do you need a talk? Our Student Support staff members are there for you in these unusual times!
A number of students have been affected by the coronavirus. We sincerely wish them a speedy recovery. Other students are awaiting reassurance after a high-risk contact. Still others are in quarantine, or are taking care of someone who is ill.
- For students and staff: Read more on the COVID-19 special status here.
- Complete this form if you are getting tested.