Proposal for vaccination of international students
Are you an international student and do you want to get vaccinated? You can go to the vaccination centre at Flanders Expo. The vaccination centre is open one day a week. It is best to make an appointment, but this is not necessary.
Call the vaccination line at 09 210 10 44 to make an appointment.
- Students who had a first injection in their own country with a vaccine approved by Europe
- Students who have not yet been vaccinated
- Students who were vaccinated in their home country with a vaccine that is not approved by the EMA (Sputnik, Sinovac, Sinopharm, etc.), and who want to get vaccinated with a vaccine that is recognised by Europe. Please mind: These students can only get vaccinated if they received their last injection with the unapproved vaccine at least four weeks ago.
In order to get vaccinated, you need a BIS-number. You can request a BIS-number via https://www.belgianidpro.be/en/index.html or ask your contact at Artevelde UAS.
After you have been vaccinated at the vaccination point, you can obtain a certificate (and COVID safe ticket). But first you must request a digital key at Gentinfo at AC Zuid. There is no need to make an appointment, and you can combine this with a visit to the Migration Counter. You can find the Gentinfo opening hours here.
To request the certificates, follow these steps.
Were you vaccinated abroad, and would you like to obtain a certificate?
- Go to a general practitioner with your foreign vaccination certificate and identity card. They will register your vaccination in the Belgian database.
- You will find the certificate in the CovidSafe app two days after registration.
- You were vaccinated by a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency or the COVISHIELD vaccine.
- You need a National Social Security Number (national identification number or BIS-number)
Registration of Belgian vaccination in your home country
Check what you must do to have your vaccination registered in your home country, as the rules may differ per country.