I have a non-EEA diploma of secondary education and I don’t need a student visa
Send your confirmation email
We'll contact you within three weeks
We'll examine your application
Check whether you are eligible for exemptions (if applicable)
Finalise your enrolment in person
You can register online for academic year 2020-2021 as of 1 November 2019.
In the 'Extra' section of the web registration, you can fill in the name of the study programme you wish to follow.
Make sure to add the following required documents to your application:
- Diploma of secondary and/or higher education + transcript of records (make sure to include an official translation if your diploma(s) is/are not in English, French, Dutch or German). When you are a resident of Ghent upon registration and you still need an official translation of your diploma into Dutch, please contact IN-Gent (information only available in Dutch) for a free translation of this diploma;
- Color copy of identity card/passport (front- and backside);
- Proof of English proficiency (you can see here which language certificates we accept).
The application deadline for academic year 2020-2021 is 1 September 2020. After this date it is no longer possible to apply. So make sure to register on time, even if there are still documents missing to complete your application.
The application deadline for academic year 2019-2020 is 31 January 2020.
Once the application is filled out, send a confirmation email to email@example.com containing:
- your first name and last name
- the study programme you wish to follow
Within three weeks, we will send you an email saying whether or not you meet the admission requirements.
If you meet the requirements, the educational institution itself must send a certified copy of your diploma of secondary and/or higher education and transcript or records to our university of applied sciences, in a sealed envelope.
Another option is to bring your original documents upon enrolment. Pleas make an appointment with us if you choose this option.
After we have received and verified these documents, you will receive an answer confirming the approval or rejection of your application.
You might be eligible for exemptions if you have already obtained credits in similar higher education courses before. You can verify this with the contact person of the programme you wish to follow.
- I want to apply for exemptions for the International Office Management programme
- I want to apply for exemptions for the International Business Management programme
You can finalise your enrolment in person at the Student Administration Office (campus Hoogpoort). Enrolment for academic year 2020-2021 officially starts on Friday 26 June 2020 every working day from 10am till 4 pm at he Student Administration Office (campus Hoogpoort).
Upon enrolment the tuition fee must be paid by payment card (Bancontact/Maestro). You can consult the tuition fee here.
New opening hours Student Administration Office as of 1 October 2019 for academic year 19-20:
Enrolment outside the opening hours only possible after appointment