Artevelde UAS kicks off spring with Campus Run on 30 March
Get those dusty running shoes out of the closet and warm up your muscles: our Campus Run is back! The route of this third edition takes you through a few of our Artevelde campuses and the lovely Ghent city centre. Young or not, couch potato or marathon champion? Everybody is welcome!
Three routes through Ghent
We welcome all athletic Ghentians, students, and everyone who likes running. There are three possible routes: a kid run for 8- to 12-year olds of 1.5 kilometers, a route of 5 kilometers along three campuses, and a 10 km-route along and through five campuses. The start and finnish of all routes is on campus Stropkaai.
To give everyone a chance to participate, we have an afternoon and an evening edition on 30 March. You can start every 15 minutes, between 14:30 and 16:00 in the afternoon, and between 17:30 and 19:30 in the evening. The kids run begins at 14:00. There is no time registration, so no need to rush to get to the finnish. Relax, enjoy the atmosphere, the enthusiasm of your fellow runners and supporters, and the unique spots in the city you may have never seen before ...
You pay 2 euro to participate. All proceeds go to KAA Gent Foundation.
- Go to the reception at campus Stropkaai before you start running. When you have finished, you can pick up a goodie bag there. In the cooling down zone, you will get a free D-drinks Vitamin Well to rehydrate.
- Campus Stropkaai is easy to reach, both on foot, by bike, and by public transport. It is a 4 minute walk from bus stop Gent Terplatenbrug and a 20 minute walk from Gent-Sint-Pieters railway station. There is not a lot of parking space at the start location.
- During the event, the toilets of campus Stropkaai are accessible. There are no dressing rooms or showers.
- We will provide a space where you can safely leave your belongings.
- The routes will be marked with blue (5 km) and orange (10 km) arrows.
- There are no supply stations on the route.
- Respect the traffic rules in the Ghent city centre.
- The 5 and 10 kilometre route run through Artevelde UAS campuses, where classes and activities take place. Please don't knock over our students and staff.
The Campus Run is an initiative from the student reps of the Business Management programme, the sports training programme, and Team Sport of Artevelde UAS.