Diploma requirements (degree-seeking students)

You need a Flemish diploma of secondary education or a foreign diploma/certificate of secondary education that gives access to higher education in Flanders or abroad (country of origin).

After applying for the programme, students with a foreign diploma must send us a certified copy of the diploma and transcript of records (secondary or higher education).

An official translation must accompany the diploma and transcript into Dutch, English, French or German if the original diploma is not in one of these languages.

A ‘certified copy’ means that it is certified as authentic by the institution that issued it.

These certified copies must be sent, by the educational institution itself, in a sealed envelope to the following address:

Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
Admissions Office
Hoogpoort 15
9000 Ghent

Another option is to ask your secondary/higher institution to send us (admissions@arteveldehs.be) an official email ( with stamp and signature) confirming that you have graduated + the date of graduation, and the official name of your diploma. Make sure you mention the name of your school and your complete address in this email.

If you are already in Belgium, you can come by our office (only possible after an appointment!) with your original documents. Unfortunately, this option is currently not possible due to the corona measures.

Looking for other information?

Contact the Student Administration Office

or read the answers to frequently asked questions about enrolment for degree students.

Among the topics:

  • tuition fee
  • student visa
  • exemptions
  • procedures