Campus life next year: what to expect?
The academic year 21-22 consists of a well-thought-out combination of lessons on campus and online learning activities. This will help all students to quickly (re)connect with their programme, fellow students, and lecturers.
We try to organise most lessons on campus. Additionally, Artevelde UAS continues its blended learning approach, so we will also organise online activities.
Don't worry, during online contact time as well you will get plenty of interaction with the lecturers and supervisors. You will train self-management and skills to work digitally, during which lecturers can be reached via chat or e-mail. Certain lectures will be recorded so you can (re)watch them at home.
Update 8 March 2022
- All educational activities can continue in the provided blended concept. The practical arrangements are communicated by the departments.
- Services and research activities can continue on campus.
- Social activities and catering are possible according to the rules that apply in society.
- From 1 March, group trips can be organised within an agreed COVID-proof framework. Alternative education solutions are provided if required.
- Staff members are very welcome again on campus, and meetings can be organised on campus too. Regarding telework, the UAS policy applies.
The libraries are open.
- Individual study spots are available without reservation.
- Group work spots must be reserved via the library website.
You can turn to the Office of Student Support for: student finance, psychosocial counselling (individually and in groups), information on the student status, low budget sport and culture, housing (rent and advice), budget-friendly meals, low-priced bicycles.
The Artevelde UAS sport offer can be found on www.artevelde-uas.be/student-services/student-facilities
The student dorms remain open according to the measures that will apply then. We hope to begin the academic year 2021 – 2022 in code green. This would mean we could return to normal student dorm life.
Need a laptop?
To work and study from home, you obviously need a laptop. With your student card, you can buy one at a reasonable price in the following stores:
Campus Shop (Asus, Lenovo, and Toshiba)
The offer is without obligation, and of course you are free to buy a laptop elsewhere.
Internship or studies abroad
International mobility of students and staff members can occur within an agreed framework in which the possible risks are assessed with the superior and Internationalisation Coordinator.
Whether you follow the course @home or @campus, you can always contact our coaches to ask questions. You can find all information on tailor-made guidance on www.artevelde-uas.be/student-services/tailor-made-guidance.
Our Student Support staff members are there for you. They gathered a bunch of tips and tricks to help you through this period. From financial worries up to a reliable Wi-Fi connection and coronaproof activities, you can read all about it here.